What's been going on within the society...
The Vicar Of Dibley was another smash hit for the Peterborough Operatic and Dramatic Society. The sold out show did extremely well and was well received by the audiences each night. We are more than proud of the cast and production team. Congratulations Sarah Shackell on your triumphant debut as a director!
The review from NODA (National Operatic & Dramatic Association) affirms this and has the utmost praise for everyone involved. Read the full review below.
Here We Go Again!
Rehearsals start for The Producers Hurray! It’s that time of year again! While we put the finishing touches to Dibley, tonight (September 12) the rest of PODS got together to make a start on our very exciting next musical, The Producers, to be performed at The Key in March of 2019. It was wonderful to see everyone again and to welcome our fantastic new director and choreographer – Paul and Lisa Collings – who joins our musical director Steve Hession on this year’s production team. With lots to learn and loads of fun to be had, we’re so excited for what’s going to be a fabulous six months of rehearsals!
PODSFest was a great success! Because we love working together and playing together, we decided to put on a whole weekend of fun this 23rd-24th June as a thank you to our members for all their commitment over the past year. From masterclasses with West End professionals to getting ourselves soaking wet raft building, dance sessions to a twilight cinema screening of The Greatest Showman, we had a brilliant time spending time with one another as well as getting to know some of our newer members. Thanks ever so much to our secretary Hannah Ogden for organising such an amazing weekend.
Thanks to our wonderful masterclass leaders:
(BELOW: From left to right)
• Rhona McGregor – Oh My God you guys, her Legally Blonde ensemble singing workshop was sensational
• Rhimes, associate choreographer from Zoonation who taught us all the moves from the hit musical on everyone’s lips – Everybody’s Talking About Jamie
• Rob Melhuish who taught us hard hats can be fun in his great technical masterclass
• Julie Armstrong, former professional dancer, who taught us a load of Strictly sensational ballroom and latin moves
• Eugenius, Book of Mormon and Sweeney Todd star Dan Buckley for his amazing advice on acting through song
9 to 5 scoops best musical at the NODA awards Time to celebrate as PODS clinches the title of Best Musical AND Best Production at the NODA awards for our 2017 production of 9 to 5 at the Cresset on May 13. We were absolutely bowled over to get this recognition and its testament to the hard work of everyone involved in what was an amazing production. Well done everyone!